Thursday, July 14, 2011

fb conversation on the Microwave Oven

Wendy S.
Do you use a microwave oven?
I thought I couldn't live without one! I mean seriously. My mom had one in her kitchen and we used it all the time... what is so wrong with it?
I mean, it cooked things fast and with almost nothing to clean up... those microwave meals are great!

or are they...????

So- we moved - no room in the new place for our brand new micro that goes above a range - had no range for it to go above! Micro and range stayed in storage. Range came out 3 years later... micro just came out last year so we could have a stove fan and light. LOL It also makes a very good 'bread box' LOL Very pretty!

I first tried to sell it... these Ozark people are smart... who would want something that is going to kill them with convenience anyway?! So, it is is pretty piece of jewelry for our kitchen that is used to hide goodies from the kids and cat! LOL
www.herbalhealer.com
An investigative report on the dangers of using microwave ovens to heat food
18 hours ago ·  ·  · 
  • Amy , Natalie and 3 others like this.
    • Wendy  
      ‎"Ten Reasons to Throw out your Microwave Oven

      From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude th...See More
      19 hours ago · 
    • Melissa  Nothing above applies to us except number 6 and I would like to know if you have any studies or links on that particular part please. :)
      18 hours ago · 
    • Wendy  oh sure... make me look again... I have those in another computer that bit the dust! LOL But believe me when your food is rubber... it changes those molecules into bad stuff. And if it was just me that talks about it I would be scanning the internet for sources, but we spoken to a lot of people over the past 10 years that say the same thing... people in the alternative health world as well as main stream.
      17 hours ago · 
    • Melanie Confession time! I still have my microwave! I only use it for emergency situations. I am going to go take it to the basement right now! My husband does want one to go above the stove since our house didn't have one when we bought it. I will have to show him what you posted! Maybe he will change his mind!!
      16 hours ago · 
    • Pamela I have one, but barely use it. If anything the only time I use it is in the odd occasion I have a frozen dinner (which is so very rare!)
      16 hours ago · 
    • Jelynda  
      i have known the dangers of microwaves since 2006. we stopped using ours immediately and it became an expensive digital clock for a while. when we moved out of the apartment we lived in, it went into storage, where it has remained, while we figure out what the heck to do with it that would be eco friendly. my husband uses the one at work almost every day though :-( i think i need to push harder for him to let me bring him lunch every day or for him to take something else to work. right now he takes michelnias lean gourmet meals. i know, thats not healthy either! its so hard to get things through mens thick skulls!
      16 hours ago ·  ·  1 person
    • Allena  I hate the microwave, I want to get rid of it but hubby doesn't. you know what's really stupid? All we use it for is softening butter!
      15 hours ago ·  ·  1 person
    • Jelynda  what an expensive butter softener, both money and health-wise!
      15 hours ago · 
    • Erica  We got rid of ours about 2 yrs ago. We realized we only used to make velveeta cheese dip. When we got rid of it, we pretty much stopped eating that stuff, which is a good thing in my book. :)
      15 hours ago ·  ·  4 people
    • Danielle  Guilty of freezing meals in advance and popping them in the microwave for convenience. Sigh. Personally, I am not liking my transition into the normal way of life. aka-organic. If I didn't have kids I really wouldn't care lol
      15 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Jelynda  danielle, thats what toaster ovens and glass dishes are for ;-)
      15 hours ago ·  ·  1 person
    • Jelynda weve actually been cooking almost everything in our toaster oven for about 3 years now because weve had lots of time when we were without an actual oven and just had our toaster oven and an electric burner. its a lot faster and easier imo
      15 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Penelope H I've never thought about microwaves as being dangerous! Time to read up :))))))
      14 hours ago · 
    • Melanie  I have a microwave I by choice rarely use it. My husband dosen't seem to know how to cook with out it :(
      14 hours ago · 
    • Melanie Hughes I like the idea of hiding treats from the kids in there!!! They'd never think to look unlessthey caught us...
      14 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Natalie I use it occasionally for myself....softening butter etc. but never ever for anything the kiddies are consuming. I am pretty freaked out by it.
      nice idea re toaster oven Jelynda Vanover! :)
      14 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Melanie  you can warm small portions of baby food in hot water. Supper easy and no hot spots.
      14 hours ago ·  ·  3 people
    • Natalien I pop Edens frozen meals (heres one i prepared earlier) in the cast irion pot with a smidge of water and reheat in there.
      when he was little i always heated in water. As you say Mel, no hot spots that way.
      there is always a pot of water on the stove for heating.
      14 hours ago ·  ·  3 people
    • Emily W mine was gone as soon as i heard a whisper that they could cause cancer... Then did some diggong and found that they deplete and alter vitamins and minerals, that was more than enough reason for me. Why take the risk i say.
      Sadly my dad and family still use theirs ALOT =(
      14 hours ago via Facebook Mobile ·  ·  3 people
    • Jelynda V why take the risk indeed! that can be said about so many things in our lives. that is why i am trying to change to a more natural way of living, and why i joined this wonderful group!
      13 hours ago ·  ·  4 people
    • Emily W me too! Its a big change in alot of ways and sometimes not easy but its best for the kiddies that we are trying =) i loove everyone on this group! Learning from everyone who contributes its awesome.
      13 hours ago via Facebook Mobile ·  ·  3 people
    • Kristi C We got rid of ours 2 years ago, and bought a convection oven. Now it takes 5 minutes to warm foods up instead of 1. Whoa. Lol, I don't miss the micro because we have the convection, but I feel terrible for using it for the year and a half that the bigg was little and eating foods that needed heated :(
      13 hours ago · 
    • Amy  We haven't used a microwave in quite a long time. I always warm stuff up in oven or on stove. Microwaves kill everything good and "living" in food. I call it dead food!!!
      13 hours ago ·  ·  2 people

No comments:

Post a Comment