Sunday, July 31, 2011

Put the Nix on PPD!!!

Put the Nix on PPD!!!

I've had 5 children.  With the first I don't think I ever got out of PPD land... our second came 5 years later.  I worked on my candida issues and kicked that between baby 2 and 3 ~ I felt wonderful.  For our 3rd child ppd was very limited to non-existent until we moved and between stress and diet my B12 levels plummeted, our 3rd child was diagnosed with a genetic mitochondrial disorder and I was bummed... it then became a self sustaining cycle.  I decided I wasn't going to go through it again when we found out we were pregnant with our 4th child and started working hard on diet and nutrition.  I've been doing well with baby 5.  Only had a couple of 'episodes' and they were more hormonal issues that actual signs of PPD.  
These are the things that worked for me... maybe they will help you?



  • b12 supplement 2-4 droppers per day
  • pineapples, bananas, cashews, walnuts, salmon, etc... happy foods and foods high in omegas
  • 2-4 TBL of ev coconut oil daily
  • 2 TBL of Barleans Flax Oil daily until under control then 1 TBL per day
  • Check out the blogpost on Candida: http://semyck.blogspot.com​/search/label/candida
  • gluten free
  • raw Dairy
  • plenty of probios
  • free range eggs
  • free range chicken and beef
  • Sun Sun SUN!!! Get outside at least 20 mins per day and get as much healthy sun as you can. Vit D
  • Vit C.... vit C beverage from frontier is yumms!
  • Walk, dance... Kindermusic/Mommy and Me classes with baby.... FUN!!!
It should also be noted that some time between baby 2 and 3 I had also dropped caffeine the rest of the way... I think that helped a lot as well!  Choosing herbal tea over black or green tea (I never have drank coffee).  Rooibus Tea is very high in antioxidants.   No sodas - I would drink "Happy" Pineapple juice instead... now I don't feel the need for either.  Instead of coco (chocolate) I will eat carob.  I make this wonderful treat called Carob Coconut Balls ~ they are a family favorite.  

Carob Cocont Balls
 Only 4 ingredients:  
  1. 1/2 C carob powder  
  2. 3 cups Shred/dry coconut
  3. 3/4 C coconut oil at its liquid/semi liquid state
  4. 1/2 c Agave Nectar
 Just mix all those things together in with a spoon in a stainless or glass bowl. Put in fridge or freezer to firm up for a bit *that makes rolling a LOT easier*. Then roll the mix into small balls in your palms. Yes, this is sticky, but you get a perk... you get to lick your hands afterward! LOL!!! Just place them on a dinner plate and watch them disappear! One batch in this house rarely sees the light of day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment