Saturday, November 23, 2013

Arthritis

Any remedy for joint arthritic pain?

  • It's for a friends grandma that's in severe pain with her knee.
  •  gluten free, kill off candida, up omega's... flax oil and clo, probiotics
    nix inflammation: garlic and ginger are helps in that field.
    There are some herbs/spices that also assist. I bet google can find them quickly for you. 
  • Tumeric
  • , that is a tough spot. we can tell our relatives again and again... but gf and dairy free are SO hard for the elderly to even equate... "why should I, I've eaten this way forever" or "I can't change now... too set"
    It is a trial. Almost have to live with them to assist with the changes and make their foods etc. hard road.
  •  Sara, I don't know a lot about this but I came across this info when I was do research on vitamin D. Dr. James Dowd runs the Arthritis Institute of Michigan and wrote The Vitamin D Cure. I think (unless I misunderstand) that one of his treatments for arthritis is vitamin D. I believe many libraries carry his book. May be worth looking into.
  • Heard the same thing, Erin.
  • Thanks everyone for the info 
  • turmeric (for inflammation), Vitamin C (to rebuild the soft tissue) Ginger (pain reduction) Vitamin D and Magnesium
  • omega 3s and paleo diet (my knees do NOT hurt any longer)
  • If she eats a lot of potatoes see if she'll cut them out for a month. They are extremely inflammatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment