Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fleas

Friends have fleas. Hubby has been back & forth dealing with our friend's medical issues. He thought he was checking himself carefully before coming home. Just now, I picked a flea biting my daughter on the side of her head/face. What do I do?

  • Tammy Honey likes this.
  •  Acv rinse for all pets & people hair. Get some cedar oil to mix & spray throughout home. When hubs goes over to friends spritz him with cedar oil (it repels fleas). If you get them bad in the home borax sprinkled on carpets, left for a few hours then vacuum will kill all stages of larvae/adults/eggs. This is our go to in Podunk flea infested USA
  •  Ok. I don't see/feel any evidence of fleas anywhere else or in her room, which she just came out of. I have TerraShield which has cedar oil in it.
  •  I'd strip all bedding wash in HOT water with ACV in the rinse cycle. Vacuum really well, get behind everything, etc...maybe add some cedar EO to your cleaning products when you clean and definitely definitely spritz hubs down with cedar EO when he heads over. Fleas can sneak up and take over fast! So do more now to prevent a huge headache later 
  •  Put on white sock and walk around the house/ room you suspect of having the fleas. They are attracted to white things and will cling to them. This will let you know if they have started hatching in your home. DE on the carpets is also good to try the only thing that worked for us when we lived in Louisiana and my house was taken over by them was Cedarcide. It is a company that makes it and it worked when EVERYthing else failed. We even had the carpet taken out of our house and bomed, it didn't work but one time using Cedarcide and they were gone!
  •  some time I will sit down and wrote up a file about fleas
    I managed a pet supply store that the owner was in management with Orkin. We had a LOT of flea training.
  • Thanks ladies! My house smells wonderful now! Lol!!! I tend to trip out when things like this happen b/c hubby was raised by mainstream parents & he is always quick to say, " go buy poison"! Arggg!!!!!
  •  Where do you buy Cedarcide, Gracie? At a co-op?
  • Cedarcide.com I've never seen it sold in stores before. I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, I'm just a huge believer after what their product did for me!
  • Also it is not cheap but the gallon size has last us for over a year and we use it as a mosquito spray for my family and for flea prevention for our pets, this particular one is safe in cats.
  • Home 'n Stead EM's works great for fleas.. use internally and externally http://www.home-n-stead.com/homes.../tipsandrecipes/ems.html
    www.home-n-stead.com
    If you have found any of the information on our site helpful, please consider a ...See More

No comments:

Post a Comment