Saturday, November 23, 2013

Recipes

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone make granola bars with coconut oil instead of vegetable oil!

  • You like this.
  • My daughter can't have granola/oatmeal or anything like that so I make a kind of... date square/protein bar that uses coconut oil.

    1-2 cups of soaked unsweetened dates (1 cup for texture, a second cup will make them taste like date squares)
    1 cup of ground flax
    1 cup of hemp hearts
    Any other unsweetened fruit you like (I add raisins, apples and apricots because those are all I can get without added sugar).
    About 1/4 cup of coconut oil, up to 1/2 cup
    Some raw honey and natural peanut butter for flavour. 
    I mix it all in a food processor, flatten in a glass pan, let it sit in the fridge then cut it into squares. This only lasts 1-2 days in our house because they are delicious!
  •  yum I bet that would be so good... 
  • Sounds good, thanks
  • Oh, I bet you could substitute CO in place of VO easily.
  •  All the time. doesn't even change the taste, don't tell my 6yo! Shhhh
  •  Always. I don't use anything but coconut oil in my baking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment