Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pregnancy woes

I'm not sure that I've ever had heart burn, but I certainly have it now at 33 weeks. It hurts my ears. Any thoughts? Lemon water makes it worse... I have zero experience except that I remember someone once mentioned papaya enzymes? Help!
Like ·  · Follow Post · November 19 at 12:44pm
  •   Slippery elm works, if you have pickles in the house drink some of the brine as it cures it, a small pinch of baking soda in water helps too.
  •   I think I have slippery elm lozenges. Take it when it's happenng or preventatively?
  •  Apple cider vinegar works for me
  •   You can do both, I'd use it as it happens for now but if it becomes regular towards the end of preg take it with meals
  •   I had it very bad during nearly entire duration of my pregnancy - never before or since - & it was awful. I tried everything under the sun: ACV, pickle juice, baking soda but nothing worked & I refused to take meds. The only thing that gave me some relief was chewing gum b/c your saliva helps neutralize the acid. I even slept w/ it in my mouth b/c I was so desperate for sleep & it was always worse at night. Hope you get some relief!
  •   thank you! is it weird that it hurts my ears? i feel like they burn from pressure and acid on the inside. hard to explain
  •   Mine was always worse when I had dairy, chocolate, or caffeine. I did hear papaya enzymes but I never tried them. Ph balanced water made a huge difference for me!
  •   eat paleo and it will make all the difference in the world. Papaya enzymes can help immediately, but don't get at the root of the problem. No grains or legumes or dairy (other than raw organic), no sugar except maple syrup or honey or coconut palm sugar in baking. It will make all the difference.
  •   I don't and won't eat animals or animal products. I eat pretty clean otherwise, this has been a tough appetite to deal with these last 30ish weeks. So I'm just doing the best I can.
  •   and honestly I think it was my vitamins that i was taking before bed and over eating dinner 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
help!  for Leg cramps while pregnant
Another pregnancy question. I have been getting Charlie horses in my calfs whole sleeping. I do magnesium oil pretty regularly, but w/in the last month have been doing it on my calfs instead of feet or belly. But I have had a lingering knot all day today and its pretty painful. Any tips?
  •   Mine were occurring b/c of lack of calcium. At the time I was uneducated & took 2 Tums/day like the obgyn told me too & it took care of the problem, but if I had it to do all over again, I would just try to eat more foods with calcium instead.
  •     Sounds like a potassium problem. Eat some bananas, drink some coconut water. And putting magnesium oil directly on them is definitely a good move, keep that up. Take an Epsom salt bath, as hot as you can comfortably stand, and massage the knot while you're in there. 15 minutes after you get out, put an ice pack on it for 15 minutes. Rest for 15 minutes then do 15 minutes of hot water bottle or heating pad, then rest again. Alternate the heat and ice 15 mins each with 15 mins in between for up to 2 hours at a time, 3x a day. Same goes for any seized muscle you might have.
  •     Ok this will sound nuts but when my dad played football in college they would get terrible leg and foot cramps and a shot or 2 of pickle juice stopped the pain w in a few minutes. Worth a shot if you're in pain! Let us know if
    Anything helps! I assume there is no harm in consuming pickle juice during pregnancy, right ladies?
  •   Lol there an ice cream and pickles joke in there somewhere
  •   At 34 weeks I had the same problem. My chiro suggested dandelion root (and Epson salt baths). Also, drink so much water that it feels as if you might float away. 

    This is definitely what worked for me. Good luck.
    Yesterday at 8:04am via mobile · Like · 2
  •   lots of water, eat oyster mushrooms and portabella mushrooms! 
    20 hours ago · Like · 1
  •   I've definitely been struggling with water lately
    20 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 1
  •   I see a gallon of coconut water in your future! 
    17 hours ago · Like · 1
  •   I've been trying to get that down too, seems like most fluids are hard except soda water and I feel weird drinking a lot of that. I just am getting to the point where if I am really hydrated and there's no bathroom around I'll probably get ninja kicked in my bladder and pee everywhere. So I'm mentally psyching myself out also.
    16 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 2
  •   (thanks for that image! I've been upset all evening and that made me smile. Love babies! They are good for that!)
    12 hours ago · Like · 2
  •   Teaspoon of mustard! Ask Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment