Saturday, November 23, 2013

Peri-Menopause & Menopause



What would cause my period to be so inconsistent? I am now on day 37 with no bleeding since my last period ended. It's usually anywhere from 25 to 29 days in between, but in July is was 35 days. I have been stressed lately, but not sure if it could be hormonal or my thyroid. I POAS but it came out negative. Granted it was a $1.15 at the dollar store and I did it in the middle of the day. But I figure if I'm this late and I was preggers it would have shown up. Usually about a week before I start I have tenderness on the outer edge of my right breast. Not this time, this time it was under my left areola and it was only for a couple days and is no longer sensitive at all. I often know when I ovulate, and when I stop ovulating I get a cottage-cheesy discharge. I didn't not have that this month, but about a week and a half ago had a LOT of clear discharge. More than when I ovulate even. That lasted for a couple days. I don't know what to think. Just wondering if anyone else has such inconsistent periods.
Like ·  · Follow Post · November 14 at 9:05am

  •   It must be something in the season change... Lol! I just went through something similar this past cycle and even ended up in the dollar store getting a pregnancy test too! I did end up starting and it was a wicked long period, but the rule of thumb that my midwife goes by is to give your body 3 cycles first and see if it works itself out. If it doesn't then you go get things checked out. When I experience changes in my cycle it always seems to work itself out by the 3rd. Recent weight loss/gain, stress, etc can have an impact on your cycle. Hormones are tied to everything in our body. 
  •  Thankyou, I'm really thinking it's probably stress. I've been trying to find a happy medium between work, school, and motherhood - not to mention keeping the house clean! It's been very stressful these past few months. I'm not against being pregnant.  But this sure would be an inconvenient time!!!
     How's your diet? When we went completely off refined sugar last year my periods went to a normal cycle w no pain and no PMS! I have suffered for years w menstral issues and was amazed at the difference diet made. I've also eaten crappy lately and have been getting PMS again. I have PCOS so my symptoms have always been bad!
  • I'm right there with you! My cycles have always been around 28-30 days, but my last cycle was 52 days! And of course, it was the month we decided to start trying for another. This current cycle is going on 50 days. I was stressed the first time it happened, but not now, so I don't know what's up. It's frustrating!
  •  Stressful schedule has backed me into a corner with having to eat some fast food. I hate it! Good point.
  •  Of course stress is always a major contributor too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, I have a question.

If you take black cohosh daily, do you still need to add progesterone to your daily routine??

Just curious......thank you in advance.
Like ·  · Follow Post · November 13 at 11:51pm

  •   I was having horrible problems with my cycle, as in I was having a cycle every two weeks and it lasted 10-12 days. So I went to the gyno to try and find out what the problem was and if doctor could get me regulated again. I went on progesterone, and then went to bleeding continually, so I threw them in the garbage after a couple of months. Why are you thinking you perhaps need to add progesterone? Curious?
  •   I'm not having any problems that I know of. I know black cohosh regulates the hormones during menopause and premenopause, just wondering if it is enough or do I still need to add progesterone??
  •  personally I wouldn't, but I guess because of the problems I encountered with taking.
  •   problems with what??
  •   the progesterone made me bleed constantly
  •   oh, ok....well I will just stick to the black cohosh then...thank you.......


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone know anything about pre menopause? Gross, but getting sweaty underarms. Driving me crazy! Is this what it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment