Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tinnitus ~ Ringing in the ears

Are here some natural remedies to help alleviate tinnitus-ringing in the ears??? I understand there is no cure, but my husband deals with this all day every day and it is getting worse, to the point it about drives him nuts at times  Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Like ·  · Unfollow Post · November 7 at 4:44pm

  •   My husband has the same thing and unfortunately we have tried every remedy under the moon and nothing has seemed to help. I'm curious to see if anyone else has had any luck in alleviating it just a little.
  •   Me too Kristen, there has to be something I pray!
  •  I have it too.
  • Sorry Pam, maybe our friends here will be able to help us out!
  •   Following this. My dad suffers it badly also.
  •  you could try a parasite cleanse, it's late here and I'm off to bed, if you need more info/ help then feel free to pm me
  •  Mine was lessened considerably by going gluten free. Didn't even know it would be a possible effect. Ever since my last glutening, it's come back, and driving me nuts. I was just thinking how infuriating it was before I read your post lol. But when the gluten gets out of my system, it will go away again. I've seen someone mention a specific supplement that helped them but try as I might I cannot remember what it was
  •  Chiropractic ear adjustment
  • Chiropractic ear adjustment
  • , the chiro won't adjust anything in his neck, he has had a severe stroke in the past and the doctors and the chiro agree that his neck shouldn't be adjusted to the possibility of knocking more plaque loose and causing yet another stroke  And J, I only wish I could get him to try gluten free, I know he won't try  that. I feel at times it could be all the heart meds he has to take, his health is not the best unfortunately. We do control (well best we can) his cholesterol with natural supplements but his b/p is uncontrollable with out meds.
  •  You don't have to adjust the neck to adjust the ears. 
  •  OK, Sarah, I will call the chiro and ask him about it and if something he would be willing to do. I did not know that! Thank you!
  •  You are welcome. 
  • No asprin or tylenol. Also no artificial sweeteners in foods or drinks (especially diet sodas). I'm not sure what your diets consist of, but try cleaning them up. My dad and I both suffer from this, but we were able to bring it to a tolerable level when we identified and cut out some triggers. It used to keep me up at night crying!
  • Thank you Lisa !
  •  Well it's been thought that tinnitus is caused by inflammation or blood flow problems. Ginkgo Bilbao or cayenne for blood flow. Turmeric can be used for inflammation.
  •  thank u tina, will give those a try
  •  Try this: http://articles.mercola.com/.../now-hear-this-don-t...


    We cleaned hub's ears with peroxide and he has some relief. We are starting omega3 supplement tomorrow 😊
    articles.mercola.com
    Using these simple techniques instead can help you permanently relieve earwax buildup.
  • y Thank you Kristen  for the link, have to take a look into his ears! As far as the Omega 3, he is actually on a prescription for that it is called Lovaza, I think that is how it is spelled. Anyhow, according to doctors it is suppose to be a very high quality Omega 3. My husband has a high LDL and so to control his cholesterol instead of statins (he is allergic to them) we use this with other supplements to attempt to control cholesterol.
  •  We figure my hubs has earwax buildup simply because every time he cleans his ears with q-tips he gets MASSIVE amounts of wax out. We did the peroxide cleanse and there was a lot of wax floating up. We're going to do a mixture of peroxide and coconut oil tonight to see if we can get some more out.
  •  We will give it a try, certainly cannot hurt, I have both the peroxide and coconut oil!
  •  Tammy, a 'prescription' for Omega 3's? wtheck? are you serious? 
    Barleans Flax oil... fermented cod liver oil.

    I didn't see/read all the comments but I also recommend dietary clean up... no preservatives, colors etc. completely whole foods. And then also do a few foods type of plan to see exactly what the triggers are. make up a food journal. Start with a strict diet for 2-3 or even 4 weeks to clean out everything... then start adding different WHOLE ORGANIC foods back in one at a time. Salycilates, tree nuts, gluten, dairy... these things should be eliminated and then added back in a little at a time to see if they trigger something.
    keep in mind that triggers sometimes do not have an immediate response. They sometimes are buildups of something the body is sensitive to.
    Maybe he can tolerate one apple in a week... but eating 4 will put him over the edge type of thing. (do you get it?)
  •  Definitely follow Willow's advice! We've cleaned up our diet completely and it's amazing how much better one feels once you do that! 
  •  When my daughter had tinnitus we cured it with vitamin B1. If the tinnitus is caused by a lack of oxygen flow/blood flow (and it often is) then B1 could help. But it has to be the TTFD form of thiamine as it is most bioavailable. Your husband would need high doses. My daughter is 7 and took 100-200 mg per day. I don't know the racy dosage for an adult but would guess he'd have to take at least 500mg/day. Maybe even 1000. 
    According to Dr Lonsdale who spent years studying B1, this is the most effective form. 
    http://www.emersonecologics.com/SearchHighlight.aspx...
    www.emersonecologics.com
    Quality vitamins, natural supplements, herbs, minerals, skin care and other natural health products at Emerson Ecologics
  •  how do we distinguish between TTFD and bioavailable?
  • Btw is there any chance tinnitus is a side effect of one of his meds?
  • TTFD is the form of B1 which (according to Dr Lonsdale) is more bioavailable (more easily absorbed by the body) and therefore more effective. 
    The link I included is the one our Dr recommends. I do get a little discount on it thru a professional account my mom has, which I would gladly share with anyone in this group. We opened a prof account because our family takes a lot of supps and I couldn't afford to pay full retail. And vitacost doesn't offer some of our trusted brands. It's not a biz for me, just sharing the discount w friends.
  • how severe was your daughter's hearing loss?
  •  Kristen, her hearing loss was 100% reversed after treatment. I don't know enough about hearing loss to answer intelligently but I have the graph the audiologist gave pre-treatment and post. There was some hearing loss (I'm sorry I can't tell you the % or #'s) but she's young. As with treatment it was resolved. Sorry if that's not enough to answer your ?.
    The Dr wanted to put tubes in and remove her adenoids and I refused. He was ok w me trying a natural approach but his response was "sure you can try it but surgery will give immediate results". Ok.... But that doesn't solve the underlying problem AND requires a child to undergoing unnecessary surgery!!
  •  I should also mention that we made dietary changes that aided in the healing - we cut WAY back on dairy and sugar which also enables healing!
  • Thanks, I'm just going off of what my hubs is asking so I don't really know much either! We've started the b1 tablets along with Omega 3 and turmeric. Docs didn't give us any options other than hearing aids. We too have dramatically cleaned up our eating. We are completely gluten free, sugar free, mostly dairy free (use it as a rare treat from time to time instead of main food), GMO free, etc...  *fingers crossed* it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment